01:48Official visit of the delegation from the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy to the spiritual sanctuaries of Greece - 05/20/2023.
Together with the delegation of the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy, they visited the Dohiar Monastery (Greek: Μονή Δοχειαρείου) on the Holy Mount Athos, which occupies the tenth place in the Svyatohoris hierarchy. Located on the southwestern coast of the Aion-Oros peninsula, south of the Xenophon Monastery.
Dochiar Monastery is believed to have been founded in the 10th century, but the circumstances surrounding its establishment are disputed. According to some sources, the monastery was originally founded in the area of the port of Daphne at the end of the 10th century by Euthymius, a disciple of St. Athanasius of Athos and cellarer (Greek: δοχειάρης — cellarer) of the Monastery of the Great Lavra. According to other sources, the monastery was founded by the monk Danylo Dokhiar between 1030 and 1032.
The main temple, built on the foundation of the old temple, is dedicated to the Archangels Michael and Gabriel.
The Kapholikon of the Dochiar Monastery is higher than all the Athos churches and faced with marble; in the transition from the temple to the refectory there are images of the three first abbots. To the right of the entrance to the refectory, in a specially equipped chapel, there is a miraculous icon of the Mother of God "Early Obedient" (Greek: Γοργοεπεκοος), painted in the 10th century during the abbotship of Neophyte. According to tradition, in 1664, due to careless handling of this icon, he was struck with blindness and after repentance, the cellarer of the Nile monastery completely recovered. In the future, believers seeking spiritual and physical healing turned to this icon many times.
|Total comments: 0