NEWS

HOME NEWS




FOLLOW

11:20
An official visit of the delegation of the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy to the institutions of higher theological education and shrines

In order to develop international cooperation in the field of education and science, on May 9, 2023, a delegation of the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy headed by its rector, head of the Department of Spiritual Education and Theological Science and the Synodal Calendar Commission of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, Doctor of Theology, Professor Archpriest Oleksandr Trofimliuk, began an official visit to higher theological education institutions and shrines in Greece.

Bohdan Kolodiy, a public figure and active volunteer, Chairman of the Board of the Association of Volunteer Teams of Ukraine, was invited to join the delegation as a representative of the active patriotic stratum of Ukrainian civil society.

 

 

 

 

The delegation also included the head of the Synodal Department for Youth Affairs of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, member of the Presidium of the KPBA Alumni League, PhD in Theology, Metropolitan Fedir (Bubniuk) of Poltava and Kremenchuk, Vice-Rector for Research of the KPBA, Doctor of Theology, Professor Archpriest Vitaliy Klos, Deputy Rector for International Relations of the KPBA, Research Fellow at the Department of Religion and Theology at the University of Exeter in the UK, Director of the International Institute of Athos Heritage, Candidate of Historical Sciences, Doctor of Theology Serhiy Shumylo, Rector of the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Boyarka Archpriest Vasyl Lilo, benefactors Yevhen and Oleksandr Suslov, Maksym Makeev, graduate of the KPBA Master's program and the Faculty of Theology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, translator. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and translator Vasyl Prus.

 

 

Representatives of the Delegation of the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy headed by the Rector, Professor Archpriest Oleksandr Trofymliuk, met on May 10, 2023 with the leadership of the Center for Ecumenical and Missiological Studies (CEMES): Honorary President Professor Petros Vassiliadis and current President Professor Nicholas Dimitriadis.
The meeting was attended by the Consul of Ukraine in Thessaloniki Mr. Oleksandr Sosoniuk.
During the visit, a cooperation agreement was signed between the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy and the Center for Ecumenical and Missiological Studies.
Archpriest Oleksandr Trofymliuk presented memorable gifts and, with the blessing of the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, His Beatitude Metropolitan Epifaniy of Kyiv and All Ukraine, awarded the famous Greek theologians with the Cross of Freedom awards..

 

 

The delegation also visited the Patriarchal Institute for Patriotic Studies, which operates at the Stavropegial Monastery of Vlatadon in Thessaloniki (Greece). Here the guests from Ukraine were met by the director of the Institute, Professor Simeon Paschalidis. 
The main purpose of the visit was to establish academic ties and sign a cooperation agreement between the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy and the Patriarchal Institute of Patristic Studies.
In the end, with the blessing of the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, His Beatitude Metropolitan Epifaniy of Kyiv and All Ukraine, Archpriest Oleksandr Trofymliuk awarded Professor Simeon Paskhalidis the Order of St. Michael the Archangel of God.

 

On the feast day of the holy brothers Cyril and Methodius, the delegation met with Metropolitan Anfim of Thessaloniki and Archimandrite Yakov (Athanasiou), Protosangel (Chancellor), at the Metropolitan Center to discuss cooperation in the educational and outreach sphere.
The delegation was accompanied by a clergyman of the Metropolis of Thessaloniki, Ukrainian by birth, Hierodeacon Dymytrii Rudko and Consul of Ukraine in Thessaloniki Oleksandr Sosoniuk.
The Metropolis of Thessaloniki (Greek: Ιερά Μητρόπολις Θεσσαλονίκης, also known as the Metropolis of Thessaloniki) is one of the dioceses of the New Lands, which is both administratively administered by the Greek Orthodox Church and spiritually administered by the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. It currently has jurisdiction over the central part of Thessaloniki. Since the thirteenth century, the ruling bishop has been titled within his metropolis as "All-Holiness".

 

 

The delegation of the Kyiv Orthodox Theological Academy visited the Patriarchal Old Religious Monastery of Vlatadon, where they had an official meeting with the abbot of the monastery, Bishop Nikiforos Psihloudis.
In 1988, it was included in the UNESCO list of cultural heritage sites.
The founders of the monastery were brothers Dorotheus and Mark Vlatada, followers of St. Gregory Palamas. The construction of the main church took place in 1351-1354. Inside, the church was decorated with frescoes from the period of 1360-1380. The monastery houses a large collection of Byzantine icons.
The Patriarchal Institute of Patristic Studies operates at the monastery, and the delegation had a separate meeting with its director.
With the blessing of the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, His Beatitude Metropolitan Epifaniy of Kyiv and All Ukraine, Archpriest Oleksandr Trofymliuk awarded Bishop Nikifor with the Cross of Freedom award.
Bohdan Kolodiy, Chairman of the Board of the Association of Volunteer Teams of Ukraine, presented a gift - a collectible coin "Mriya".

 

 

The delegation visited St. Demetrius Cathedral, which was built in the Greek city of Thessaloniki on the site of the death of the Great Martyr Demetrius of Thessaloniki. In 1988, the church was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List as part of the early Christian and Byzantine monuments of Thessaloniki.

 

 

As part of the visit, the delegation met with Archimandrite Barnabas, Abbot of the Monastery of St. Theodora of Thessaloniki of the Greek Orthodox Church. 
The Monastery of St. Theodora is one of the most important shrines in the very center of the city. It was founded in the ninth century and was originally named in honor of Archdeacon Stephen. However, after the discovery of the relics of St. Theodora, the monastery was renamed in her honor. The 1917 fire almost completely destroyed the monastery, except for the bell tower. Its revival began in the 1930s and has been fully completed to this day.
It is worth noting that the monastery's brethren kindly provided comfortable accommodation for the members of the official delegation of the KPBA during all the days of their stay in Thessaloniki.
Archpriest Oleksandr Trofymliuk presented the hegumen with memorable gifts and, with the blessing of the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, His Beatitude Metropolitan Epifaniy of Kyiv and All Ukraine, awarded Archimandrite Barnabas with the Cross of Freedom.

 

 

More photos in the gallery

 

Chairman of the Board of the Association of Volunteer Teams of Ukraine Bohdan Kolodiy presented a gift - a collectible coin "Dream".
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!


Views: 162 | Added: Dmytriy | Tags: An official visit of the delegation | Rating: 5.0/2
Total comments: 0
avatar